Membership is open to everyone and if you would like to join and take advantage of all that the Society has to offer (see ABOUT US and other pages) the annual membership subscription is £25. We regret that we are unable to offer concessions, and membership is for adults only (18 and over).
If you have a query please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org by e-mail.
You can find more details about the Society and also download an application form which is here. Please either print this, fill it in and send it off with your cheque or pay by bank transfer and email the information as explained on the form.
If you would like to see our constitution it is here.
If you would like to see our policy about retention of data and photographs please see here.
Benefits of Membership of ASI:
• Receipt of our bimonthly newsletter ArtyFacts, giving news and details of forthcoming activities, reports on recent activities, and practical tips for painting and framing as well as articles of topical interest,
• Entitlement to participate in our Annual Exhibitions and other charity sales/exhibitions which are arranged from time to time,
• Attendance at our meetings which are held at Smithton Industrial Estate and always involve interesting talks and demonstrations by recognised artists,
• Free access to an extensive library of artistic interest,
• Entitlement to attend classes and groups, which currently include: evening classes at the WASPS studios in Inverness (Wednesday and Thursday evenings); the Morning Art Group Merkinch (Monday and Wednesday mornings); monthly painting days at Killearnan; a trial run of life drawing classes at the WASPS studios (second and fourth Thursdays),
• Access to one or two day workshops by recognised artists using various mediums,
• Plein air painting days in the summer months,
• Participation in on-line painting days, which have been a lifeline for many during the pandemic, and are still continuing according to demand,
• Possibility to borrow the society's exhibition screens to set up individual or small exhibitions in local craft fairs etc,
• Occasional guided trips to exhibitions,
and of course...
• The pleasure of painting in the company of like-minded artists (of all levels of experience) !!
(NB - most classes and workshops involve an additional payment to cover room hire and tutor's fees.)